To celebrate the weekend, I decided to make homemade pumpkin peanut butter! These two flavors are a match made in heaven, and I am sure you will love this quick and easy recipe.
Making peanut butter from scratch is a lot easier than you would think. All you have to do is throw some raw unsalted peanuts in a food processor and pulse away until butter starts to form!
It takes less than a minute for the delicious, creamy, and all-natural peanut butter to form.
Now for some extra taste, I added half a cup of organic canned pumpkin to the food processor. I pulsed the peanut butter and pumpkin together for a few seconds and then added my other ingredients.
You may need to stop the food processor and give everything a stir to help the mixing process. Once everything is incorporated you are ready to enjoy!
This pumpkin peanut butter would make a great snack with apple slices or spread on a rice cake. Combined with a banana, this would make a perfect pre-workout snack. Throw this in a blender with protein powder, almond milk, and a frozen banana and you have a decadent peanut butter pumpkin smoothie.
Now go make this delicious peanut butter!
Pumpkin Peanut Butter
– Serves 8
– Total Prep Time of 5 minutes.
– 3/4 cup of unsalted raw peanuts
– 1/2 cup of organic canned pumpkin
– 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 2 teaspoons of honey
– 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
– Pinch of salt
– Pinch of cinnamon
– Add peanuts to a food processor.
– Pulse peanuts for about 30 seconds, or until a thick butter forms.
– Add canned pumpkin and pulse for a few seconds.
– Add remaining ingredients and pulse to incorporate for about 1 to 2 minutes.
Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container in the fridge.
I should also mention that I used a mini food processor, which was perfect for the amount of peanut butter this creates. I would recommend storing in the fridge for 2 weeks at the most.